1. Chocolate is my favorite food.
2. Seafood/shellfish are my next favorite.
3. I live to travel.
4. In another life, I worked at a flight school and spent my free time in the sky.
5. I want to work as a photojournalist with my home in a sack.
6. My first camera was a plastic Yogi Bear instamatic with roll film.
7. I shoot with Contarex, Nikon, and TLRs now.
8. I have a Samsung camera phone, but resist the urge to buy a digital camera. I love to spend time in the darkroom processing film, working with chemicals, experimenting with paper, and printing photos.
9. If I won a lottery, I'd travel around the world twice.
10. My godmother bought me my first diary for my 7th birthday (it was candy pink with glitter).
11. I have filled over 25 blank books with the nonsense of my life.
12. I hated when my mom would say I was just like my dad. Now I agree with her.
13. My family is scattered across 4 continents and an archipelago: North America, South America, Europe, Africa and the Azores.
14. I'm a student of many languages including Portuguese, French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin.
15. I can lead a walking tour of the National Mall from the Lincoln Memorial to the Capitol Building in 5 hours, including a lunch stop and two bathroom breaks.
16. As a little girl, I co-starred on a weekend local cable show – a Portuguese version of Sesame Street.
17. I watched John F. Kennedy Jr. play soccer when he was a student at Brown U.
18. The ceiling above my bed is covered in constellations and the initials of lost loves.
19. My favorite constellations are Cassiopeia and Orion.
20. I miss looking up into a star-filled sky.
21. Some nights I sit on my roof and watch planes queue up for landing. This reminds me of the four months of empty sky when National Airport closed after the 9/11 attacks.
22. If I were invisible for a day, I’d go to the Natural History Museum and dance naked wearing the Hope Diamond.
23. If I could meet a character from the past, I would dine with Leonardo da Vinci.
24. If I could wake up tomorrow with one talent, I would play the piano by ear.
25. If I could change one thing about myself, I would see with better than perfect vision.
26. My two favorite Impressionist painters are Edgar Degas and Vincent van Gogh.
27. My favorite color is cobalt blue.
28. The iris is my favorite flower.
29. I don’t like roses.
30. I don’t like to cook.
31. I’d rather feel too cold than too hot.
32. I love to kiss.
33. Most of the guys I date top 6’0, even though I’m 5’4. I like tall guys.
34. I fall in and out of love quickly.
35. I’ve only been out on two truly bad dates.
36. I enjoy surprising people with presents.
37. I have successfully thrown three elaborate surprise parties.
38. I was raised Roman Catholic, but don’t practice anything regularly.
39. I love NCAA basketball.
40. But was impossible to be near when Michael Jordan moved to DC.
41. I bumped into him three times.
42. I used to throw things when I’d get mad. I don’t do that anymore.
43. Now I just yell.
44. I used to wear Wonder Woman underoos and tie up the neighborhood kids with my magic lasso.
45. I’ve never been hospitalized. (no broken bones, no stitches, no aches, no pains, no surgery, etc. etc. etc.)
46. I have never had a cavity.
47. I love music and have an eclectic collection of CD’s.
48. It takes me a while to learn choreography, but once I have the steps down, I'll never forget the dance.
49. I’ve seen U2 perform live over a dozen times.
50. I’ve seen the Beastie Boys perform live 7 times.
51. I’ve seen the Rolling Stones perform live 6 times.
52. I’ve seen Billy Joel perform live 6 times.
53. I’ve seen Phish perform live 6 times.
54. Nelly Furtado is my cousin’s cousin, but not related to me.
55. When I was 6, I told my parents I wanted to play piano. They bought me an accordion.
56. I was first chair flute and auditioned for state band my freshman year of high school.
57. My sophomore year I quit the band and joined the drama club.
58. In 1989, I performed in London.
59. People are most impressed by the titles and positions that are no big deal to me.
60. Given the choice, I’d lounge by the pool instead of swim in it.
61. I joined the track team as a freshman to chase after the cute, older guys in school.
62. By senior year, I was on the team to tone up for beach season.
63. I love the ocean and spent the first 18 years of my life at the beach.
64. I’ve gained an appreciation for the mountains, but would live on the beach given the choice.
65. I grew up in a small town, but have morphed into a city girl.
66. I would like to build a log home in the country someday. After I buy my beach house.
67. I have no pets.
68. I love big dogs: German Shepherds, Akitas, Rottweilers, Anatolians, Siberian Huskies.
69. When I was nine, a Doberman Pincher bit me while I delivered Girl Scout cookies. My mom thought I had been hit by a car (due to my blood-covered uniform and hysteria). That was the end of Girl Scouts for me.
70. I’m not afraid of animals. Well… maybe a lion or tiger or bear….
71. I despise shopping malls.
72. I make most purchases at boutiques and online.
73. I am cursed with a long memory.
74. This is much harder than I thought.... I often underestimate how difficult a task can be - but won't stop til I'm finished.
75. I'm a sprinter, not built for any exercise requiring endurance.
76. I know a lot about many different things. I’ll take an interest in something, live-breath-sleep it for a few months, and then move on to something new and different.
77. Here are some of my discarded interests: the seven wonders of the ancient world; the ten laws of architecture; alternative construction methods; Egyptian hieroglyphs; the art of war; painting techniques used during the Renaissance; swing dancing (Lindy Hop); playing pool; ship building; code-breaking; basics of aerodynamics; water colors; Australian wines; and yoga.
78. My new interest is chess.
79. I can be overbearing with all of my opinions.
80. I have an opinion about almost everything and usually have a good reason for it.
81. I welcome the opportunity for debate and listen with an open mind. But it takes a lot to sway my position.
82. I enjoy playing devil’s advocate.
83. I am one of the most selfish people I know, but hope someday to change that.
84. Sometimes I say vicious things and wish I felt worse for it, but don’t.
85. Other times I’ll lose sleep over something stupid I did or said and hate myself for weeks.
86. I used to love my car and drove really really really fast all the time. Now I walk or ride the metro.
87. Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Citizen Kane are two of my favorite movies.
88. Most of my favorites come in pairs.
89. I get really pissed when people make assumptions.
90. I’m terrified of spiders (completely irrational).
91. I enjoy lightening storms.
92. I’m not afraid of the dark.
93. I like feeling on top of the world – love pressing my forehead against the glass of observation decks and looking down.
94. Tallest observation decks I’ve been on – Stratosphere in Vegas; Space Needle in Seattle; Eiffel Tower in Paris; Washington Monument in DC; Empire State Building in NYC; John Hancock Building in Boston; Sears Tower in Chicago; peak of Lagoa do Fogo in Sao Miguel, Azores.
95. The roller coaster wrapped around the Stratosphere in Vegas is overrated. Its claim to fame is location - high up - but it does little else.
96. My childhood was bereft of Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, Mr. Sandman. etc.
97. On the other hand, my little brother believed in Santa until he was nine.
98. Bookcases overflowing with books line most of the walls of my apartment.
99. When I can’t sleep, I start counting, silently, to myself (I never think of sheep though).
100. I look down at the keyboard as I type.
101. I've always been better with words than numbers.